24th July 2021
Whilst we remained hopefully the latest forecast is now predicting storms over London during the flight window.
We are officially standing down the 25th July 2021 slot of The Lord Mayor’s Hot Air Balloon Regatta®
Further updates will be provided in due course in regards to arranging alternative dates.
23rd July 2021
At the moment there is still fluctuation in the forecast and whilst some forecasts indicate unstable weather there are others which display flyable conditions.
We will review again tomorrow morning and issue an update at midday as to whether this Sunday will go ahead or stand down.
22nd July 2021
We have been reviewing the weather conditions for this Sunday 25th Julyand intend to roll our decision making time to 17:00 on Friday 23rd July.
We appreciate your patience in the matter as the forecast is currently showing ever changing conditions. In order to avoid a prematurely standing this slot down we will instead review the forecast again tomorrow afternoonand provide a further update.
The next update will be sent out at approximately 17:00 on Friday 23rd July 2021.
17th July 2021
We are officially standing down The Lord Mayor’s Hot Air Balloon Regatta® for the 18th July 2021.
Over night the forecast has changed to where the gradient wind speeds on the predicted direction have become marginal for clearing the area before landing options become available.
Additionally the now predicted temperatures are showing it will become very hot quite early on and thermal activity is now predicted within the flight window.
On the grounds of safety we have taken the decision to stand down this slot.
The next update will be sent out at approximately 16:00 on Thursday 22nd July 2021.
16th July 2021
The current forecasted conditions for this Sunday still look favourable and so The Lord Mayor’s Hot Air Balloon Regatta® remains on official standby for this Sunday, the 18th July 2021.
Further updates will follow after 11am on Saturday 17th July 2021.
15th July 2021
The current forecasted conditions for this weekend look favourable and so The Lord Mayor’s Hot Air Balloon Regatta® is now on official Standby for the 18th July 2021.
The next update will be sent out at 16:00 on Friday 16th July 2021.
12th June 2021
The Lord Mayor’s Hot Air Balloon Regatta® has been officially stood down for 13th June 2021.
The forecasted conditions were acceptable at launch time, but as the morning goes on the wind speeds will slow down which will prevent us from clearing the city within two hours.
Next standby date is 18th July 2021, updates will be released at around 4pm on the 15th July 2021.
11th June 2021
We are continuing to monitor the weather conditions for this Sunday 13th June 2021.
The forecast has been subject to some fluctuation in wind speeds and direction in the last 24 hours but is still within the realms of permitting The Lord Mayor’s Hot Air Balloon Regatta to proceed.
The surface wind speeds are currently slow enough for inflation and landing with the upper winds forecasting speeds that would allow us to clear the city. As Battersea Park is in the central area of London, taking off and flying from here will produce spectacular views regardless of direction. We may opt this year to call the flight on and experience the skies of London we have not flown over before.
In light of the forecast we will provide a further update at midday on Saturday 12th June 2021 as to whether this will be stood down or given the Green light.
10th June 2021
We have been monitoring the weather forecast and the conditions look favourable to place The Lord Mayor’s Hot Air Balloon Regatta® 2021 on official standby for Sunday June 13th 2021. The next update will be released at 4pm on Friday 11th June 2021
04th June 2021
We have been continuing to monitor the weather forecast and have taken the early decision to stand down the 6th June 2021.
Whilst the forecasted conditions would make flying possible, the predicted wind speeds are too low to clear the city in a timely manner.
The next update will be released at 4pm on Thursday 10th June 2021.
03rd June 2021
We have been monitoring the weather forecast and the conditions look favourable to place The Lord Mayor’s Hot Air Balloon Regatta® 2021 on official standby for Sunday June 6th 2021. The next update will be released at 4pm on Friday 4th June 2021